Summarize Written Text
The writing section comprises either of the following three combinations:
- 2 Summaries & 1 Essay
- 3 Summaries & 1 Essay
- 2 Summaries & 2 Essays
The time allotted for these three combinations is 40 minutes, 50 minutes, and 60 minutes respectively. The summary must be completed within 5 to 75 words in 10 minutes.
What is Summarize Written Text ?
Summarize written texts focus on 5 categories namely – Content, Form, Vocabulary, Grammar, and Spelling. Content means you must include 4 or 5 keywords in the paragraph. When you read the paragraph, try to understand the topic on which the paragraph is written on and try to bring up with few keywords that closely associate with it. Content contributes 2 pts. The form specifies the word limit of the summary we are writing which is 5-75 words. Here you must make sure that you do not exceed the word limit and also do not go below the minimum range. If both conditions are not met, you will be scored zero on the total 1 pts that form contributes. To score for vocabulary, make sure there is no repetition of words. Also, make sure you do not make any grammar or spelling mistakes. All these contribute 2 pts each and you will lose a pt for every mistake that you make.The most important point to note is that the final answer needs to be only a single sentence. So, you will get 2-3 questions with 10 minutes per question.
Tips for Summarize Written Text
- Learn wise Use of Complex Sentences – Complex sentences create room for more mistakes. So, practice to write complex sentences and use them wisely. Avoid the use of commas and semicolons if you are unknown to their correct usage. The use of proper punctuation marks and capitalization is also important. Complete your Summary in Just ONE Sentence
- Summarize the most important points, not EVERY point.
- Use connectors – (For, And, Nor, But, Or, Yet, So)
- Two-Step Reading – Carefully read the entire paragraph once, and try to understand the meaning of the text. While reading it for the 2nd time, note down the keywords and phrases.
- Don’t copy the whole sentence.
- Try to use synonyms and write it down in your own words as much as possible.
Guidance for PTE Writing
Also, if you are looking for PTE Summarize Written Text tips, or a mentor to guide you through your preparation, Englishfirm is always there for you. For all face to face classes, you can book a free session at englishfirm.com website. Also, if you just need a mentor. to evaluate and give feedback for all your reading, speaking, listening & writing sections, please email us at [email protected]
- We the English Firm, provide our students with a variety of sessions related to PTE coaching inclusively to meet the flexible needs of our students. We expertise the trend on one- on-one coaching, in which we firmly believe our success relies upon.In order to increase flexibility, we also provide our candidates with group class sessions and online sessions for a very pocket friendly budget and have helped a large number of students to conquer the PTE examination with ease. Moreover, we are welcoming all our students to benefit the grant of unlimited practice materials and feedbacks from our specialized team of trainers who are willing to give their 100% to help their students bash the exam with flying colours. Furthermore, our firm had taken initiation in helping students yearning the requirement of PTE for their high studying purposes with flying colours and their heartfelt gratitude will always abide within us, The English firm.
Join our Free PTE Study Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/ptestudygroup.
PTE for Nursing Registration – https://englishfirm.com/2020/11/09/pte-for-nursing-registration/