Describe Image PTE
Describe image contributes 25 internal points to Speaking. So to improve the score, it’s necessary to understand how to answer describe image. Basically, an image would be displayed on the screen and a preparation time of 25 seconds will be given to you. Within this prep time, you will have to frame sentences in your mind that could possibly describe the image shown on the screen. After the prep time, you will hear a beep to start your recording which would last for a time period of 40 seconds. To tackle the exercise, you might need a spontaneous language constructing ability.
Different types of Describe Image
In the PTE exam, you will encounter with the different types of PTE describe images such as:
- Bar Graph
- Line graph
- Pie chart
- Flowchart diagram
- Venn Diagram
Quick tips to describe the image
- Avoid ‘umming’ and ‘urring’ while speaking. This will reduce your oral fluency and overall marks.
- Remember to avoid the grammatical mistake while forming the sentence.
- Prepare a structure and practice over and over again to speak automatically in this format. Don’t try to speak for a full 40 seconds.
- Keep a mental note of the time you have to speak. You must speak only the main ideas. Practice the speaking in below format
- 10 Seconds for introduction
- 20 Seconds for highlighting key points
- 6 Seconds for conclusion
- Be aware of the different Vocab especially statistical vocabulary that you can use for charts, graphs, maps, diagrams, and so on.
- Learn to describe trends and use words to emphasize the important points of the image.
- It is not necessary to always use the same words as in the image. For example, you can mention the percentages using words like quarter, hale, nearly double, and so on.
It is critical that you understand the score distribution. You will be analysed on Content, Pronunciation, and Oral Fluency. You can maximize your score in Oral Fluency by speaking continuously and can maximize your score in Pronunciation if you speak very loud and clear with stressing the words correctly and taking in to account the correct techniques to deal with vowels, consonants, connected sentences, etc. For content make sure you describe the image rather than labeling it. So you will be scored based on how well you will describe the image. All the 3 sections contribute 5 pts each thus adding up to a total of 15 pts.
Guidance for PTE speaking
In conclusion, this exercise contributes 25 internal points to Speaking. If you are looking for any help, or a mentor to guide you through your preparation, Englishfirm is always there for you. For all face to face classes, you can book a free session with Englishfirm. If you just need a mentor. to evaluate and give feedback for all your reading, speaking, listening & writing sections, please email us at [email protected]. We will assign you a free PTE mentor. So, please sign up and check out Englishfirm.com to know more! Thank you for tuning in!
To enrol for class, please check get in touch with our PTE training centre today.
- We the English Firm, provide our students with a variety of sessions related to PTE coaching inclusively to meet the flexible needs of our students. We expertise the trend on one- on-one coaching, in which we firmly believe our success relies upon.In order to increase flexibility, we also provide our candidates with group class sessions and online sessions for a very pocket friendly budget and have helped a large number of students to conquer the PTE examination with ease. Moreover, we are welcoming all our students to benefit the grant of unlimited practice materials and feedbacks from our specialized team of trainers who are willing to give their 100% to help their students bash the exam with flying colours. Furthermore, our firm had taken initiation in helping students yearning the requirement of PTE for their high studying purposes with flying colours and their heartfelt gratitude will always abide within us, The English firm.
Check out summarise spoken text section in Listening
PTE for Nursing Registration – https://englishfirm.com/2020/11/09/pte-for-nursing-registration/
Free PTE Study Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/ptestudygroup.