The writing section comprises either of the following three combinations:
- 2 Summaries & 1 Essay
- 3 Summaries & 1 Essay
- 2 Summaries & 2 Essays
The time allotted for these three combinations is 40 minutes, 50 minutes, and 60 minutes respectively. The summary must be completed within 5 to 75 words in 10 minutes.
- Learn wise Use of Complex Sentences – Complex sentences create room for more mistakes. So, practice to write complex sentences and use them wisely. Avoid the use of commas and semicolons if you are unknown to their correct usage. The use of proper punctuation marks and capitalization is also important. Complete your Summary in Just ONE Sentence
- Summarize the most important points, not EVERY point.
- Use connectors – (For, And, Nor, But, Or, Yet, So)
- Two-Step Reading – Carefully read the entire paragraph once, and try to understand the meaning of the text. While reading it for the 2nd time, note down the keywords and phrases.
- Don’t copy the whole sentence.
- Try to use synonyms and write it down in your own words as much as possible.