In the PTE exam, you will encounter with the different types of PTE describe images such as:
- Bar Graph
- Line graph
- Pie chart
- Flowchart diagram
- Venn Diagram
A description of any image or thing is only completed when it has three ingredients. First, introductory statement; Second, key highlight point; Third, the conclusion.
- Avoid ‘umming’ and ‘urring’ while speaking. This will reduce your oral fluency and overall marks.
- Remember to avoid the grammatical mistake while forming the sentence.
- Prepare a structure and practice over and over again to speak automatically in this format. Don’t try to speak for a full 40 seconds.
- Keep a mental note of the time you have to speak. You must speak only the main ideas. Practice the speaking in below format
- 10 Seconds for introduction
- 20 Seconds for highlighting key points
- 6 Seconds for conclusion
- Be aware of the different Vocab especially statistical vocabulary that you can use for charts, graphs, maps, diagrams, and so on.
- Learn to describe trends and use words to emphasize the important points of the image.
- It is not necessary to always use the same words as in the image. For example, you can mention the percentages using words like quarter, hale, nearly double, and so on.