In all the PTE tutorials that are created, people always talk about the methods and techniques to tackle different exercises. But, it’s equally important to also discuss the common mistakes everyone makes during the examination so that we get a broader idea of applying these techniques properly:
- Check your Headset: Do you know how to test your headphones or the importance of doing the same? Testing is not just looking into the sound or volume, but rather checking your pronunciation and fluency. Make sure you do not create any air sounds while you speak.
- Self Introduction: You would probably give your self-introduction in only about 40-50 seconds. The reason why you are told to give a self-introduction in the first place is to bring down your sound to match a certain recording of sample sound the software stores. It helps the software to detect which country the candidate is from, from your fluency, pronunciation, etc. As a result, this would make your end result seem more precise.
- Speaking too fast: Many people make the mistake of thinking that a talking speed is the same thing as fluency. You can have a very high level of English and still be completely impossible to understand. Another thing to consider is that when people are nervous, they naturally speed up. We all do it, and it’s a natural reaction to stress. You need to remember that you are scored for speaking and reading. When you speak fast the software doesn’t understand a single word you read. So slow down!
- Using too many fillers: Most of us use fillers while we are thinking of a word to fill the next part of our sentence. In PTE speaking tasks, you are given some time to collect your thoughts before you are recorded. Use this time to mentally choose the 2-3 concepts you will address in your response so you are not in a dilemma to think of the next thing you need to say. It would be also helpful if you have a basic structure planned out for what you are going to speak.
- Reading the paragraph in your mind: In the Read Aloud Exercise, most people tend to rehearse their paragraphs in their minds. But when they start reading it aloud, they make way more mistakes than they think. Always rehearse your paragraph aloud so that you are clearly aware beforehand on what you are going to speak out.
- Fluency: Make sure you speak in the same pace throughout the exam. This is because your fluency will be scored based on the gaps and pauses you take in between sentences. Make sure to keep it consistent.
- Replacing words: Never try to replace a word with other words having the same meaning because it will reduce the content.
- Summarize Written Text: Many test-takers lose marks by writing multiple sentences in the Summarize Written Text Questions. Write a single sentence that ends with one full-stop. Use connectors if needed, but use only one full-stop.
- Avoid using colloquial language: PTE Academic Test expects you to use formal, academic language. So never try to use colloquial language.
- Word Limit: Always check whether you have crosses your word limit or whether you have not met your minimum limit in all writing exercises.
These are only the general points to keep in mind. To know more you can visit Englishfirm.com and check out all our courses. If you are looking for any help, or a mentor to guide you through your preparation, Englishfirm is always there for you. For all face to face classes, you can book a free session at englishfirm.com website. Also, if you just need a mentor. to evaluate and give feedback for all your reading, speaking, listening & writing sections, please email us at [email protected]
Meet the trainer/ trainers:
1 on 1 class importance and why Englishfirm is a leader in it:
I hope you all are keeping up well in this unprecedented situation. In this uncertainty caused by the pandemic, you all would be suffering to get the proper guidance to tackle your PTE Examination. Don’t worry, we are here to help you out. There are some important key features of our classes that I would want to discuss today.
Englishfirm is one of the best PTE coaching academies in Sydney. Among the 52 PTE institutes in Sydney, Englishfirm is the only training center in Sydney that offers 100% one-on-one coaching. Englishfirm has 2 branches in Sydney, operating 7 days a week. We operate from the Sydney CBD campus (Pitt Street) and Parramatta.
With the one-on-one model, our instructors are committed to listening to the student and actively responding. Though instructors often initiate the meeting, conversations are always student-driven where the student has control over the questions they ask and the feedback they receive from their instructors. The class will never go on without the student. So the student can easily schedule their class according to their convenience.
Students can trust their instructors and are given a completely safe space to openly share. In a one-on-one relationship, our tutors get to know their students completely and are able to keep track of their progress, gauging their successes and struggles. Instructors then adjust or completely alter lesson plans, deadlines, courses, etc so as to fully serve the student. This highly increases a student’s personal responsibility for their learning, forcing them to take the course seriously and fully master the materials.
Students can also develop their course schedules, exercise lists, mock test dates, etc to match their unique learning styles. Instructors will always align your conversations and assignments with what interests and inspire you.
Our instructors are also dedicated to empowering each one of you to achieve your educational goals and become prepared for a remarkable future. One-on-one interactions assist everyone in becoming the best versions of themselves and discovering joy for lifelong learning.
If you are looking for any help, or a mentor to guide you through your preparation, Englishfirm is always there for you. For all face to face classes, you can book a free session at englishfirm.com website. Also, if you just need a mentor. to evaluate and give feedback for all your reading, speaking, listening & writing sections, please email us at [email protected]
PTE for Nursing Registration – https://englishfirm.com/2020/11/09/pte-for-nursing-registration/