What are Enabling Skills in PTE ?
Enabling skills plays a significant role in getting high score in PTE exam. Therefore, if you are planning to give PTE, it is of utmost importance to polish your enabling skills. These skills can play a crucial role in making you get your desired result. The following Enabling Skills are tested and scored:
- Oral Fluency
- Written Discourse
These skills majorly influence one’s score in PTE. Therefore, Englishfirm has presented some pointers to consider for the improvement of Enabling skills. This will be beneficial to you to achieve your desired result.
Different components of Enabling Skills
- Grammar. Appropriate language usage, sticking to word format, correct word order at the sentence level.
- Oral fluency. Smooth, effortless and natural-paced delivery of speech.
- Pronunciation. Firstly, speech should be loud and clear. Secondly, speech should be easily understandable to regular as well as native speakers. Regional or national varieties of English pronunciation are considered correct to the degree that they are easily understandable to most regular speakers of the language. In conclusion, speech should be loud, clear and easily understandble by anyone.
- Spelling. Following one spelling rules either British or American. Not writing a word whose spelling you are not confident at.
- Vocabulary. Appropriate choice of words used to express meaning, as well as lexical range.
- Written discourse. Correct and efficient production of written language at the word-based level. Firstly, sentences should be connected in a meaningful way. Secondly, the sentences should be logically connected.Thirdly, appropriate words should be used to execute first and second. For instance, using above words like ‘Firstly’, ‘Secondly’, ‘Thirdly’ in my above sentences, I have improved my written discourse in this writing. In Conclusion, there are templates to improve written discourse.
One of our expert coach, Avanti is explaining on Written discourse in PTE in the below Video. Firstly, if you can take your written discourse to 85+ you have a great advantage in writing. Secondly, as a ground rule (as seen from our previous students) if you can answer all questions in WFD (without any word missing), you will get 60 points to writing as well. In conclusion, Written Discourse is very important in Enabling Skills.
Join our Free PTE Study Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/ptestudygroup.
PTE for Nursing Registration – https://englishfirm.com/2020/11/09/pte-for-nursing-registration/