What are Enabling Skills in PTE ?
Enabling skills plays a significant role in getting high score in PTE exam. If you are planning to give PTE, it is of utmost importance to polish your enabling skills. These skills can play a crucial role in making you get your desired result. The following Enabling Skills are tested and scored:
- Oral Fluency
- Written Discourse
As these skills majorly influence one’s score in PTE. Englishfirm has presented some pointers to consider for the improvement of Enabling skills. This will be beneficial to you to achieve your desired result.
- Grammar. Appropriate language usage, sticking to word format, correct word order at the sentence level.
- Oral fluency. Smooth, effortless and natural-paced delivery of speech.
- Pronunciation. Speech that is loud and clear, easily understandable to regular as well as native speakers. Regional or national varieties of English pronunciation are considered correct to the degree that they are easily understandable to most regular speakers of the language.
- Spelling. Following one spelling rules either British or American. Not writing a word whose spelling you are not confident at.
- Vocabulary. Appropriate choice of words used to express meaning, as well as lexical range.
- Written discourse. Correct and communicatively efficient production of written language at the word-based level. Written discourse skills are characterised as internal coherence, logical development, and the range of linguistic resources used to express meaning accurately.
One of our expert coach, Avanti is explaining on Written discourse in PTE in the below Video. If you can take your written discourse to 85+ you have a great advantage in writing and as a ground rule (as seen from our previous students) if you can answer all questions in WFD (without any word missing), you will get 60 points to writing as well. Let us know if you need more help with preparation
Join our Free PTE Study Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/ptestudygroup.
PTE for Nursing Registration – https://englishfirm.com/2020/11/09/pte-for-nursing-registration/